5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21342 times
This recipe proves the fact that dal can be super tasty without being spicy. A mixture of three dals is perked up with tomatoes, onions and other ingredients, which give it a fabulous flavour.
Since spicy meals trigger and aggravate Acidity , this Mixed Dal uses very little green chillies for spice.
However, the chillies are not missed at all, because ingredients like ginger, coriander and cumin seeds impart more than enough flavour to delight the palate!
- Combine all the dals, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dals, ½ cup of water, coriander and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||393.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||33.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.