Suva Moong Dal
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25740 times
Suva Moong Dal is a tasty and healthy treat, with the pleasant taste of cooked moong dal and the herby taste of dill, perked up with a simple tempering of cumin and onions.
Dill being alkaline in nature, this dal is a "go for it" dish for those who complain about acidity. Onions too are very effective against acidity, and this satiating dal is only mildly spiced, so you can enjoy it comfortably without harming your tummy.
Also do try other stomach-friendly dals like Hariyali Dal and Mixed Dal .
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk well to mash the dal and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, garlic, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, dill leaves, little salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.