by Tarla Dalal
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39313 times
A wholesome Parsi dish made of sprouted and peeled vaal perked up with tangy tomatoes and crunchy onions in a soothing base of coconut milk, the Tittori Dal has a very pleasing flavour that will appeal to everybody. While on the one hand, coconut milk gives a rich but soothing flavour and texture, the other ingredients including the spice powders give it the required zing, making the Tittori Dal a well-rounded accompaniment to Rotis , Parathas or even rice preparations.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, sugar and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sprouted vaal, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.