11 Uses of Brown Sugar
Brown sugar is a type of sugar that is a mix of sucrose and molasses. They are found either dark brown to light brown in color as the sugar crystals are coated in molasses which basically means that darker the sugar, the more molasses it has. Brown sugar is used in desserts and baked goods to give them more flavor.
1. Brown sugar is a very common ingredient in baking. It is used as a sweetener which provides a slight caramel taste to the baked good. It can be used in cakes, puddings and even pies as it provides a more moist result. A few baked goods with brown sugar are Chocolate Cookies and Muffins.
2. Due to the crumbly texture of brown sugar, it is commonly out as a topping over puddings and cobblers to get a nice bubbly yet crunchy top when baked.
3. Powdered brown sugar can be put over oatmeal and cereals to enhance their taste while adding a sweetness to it. Muesli balls are combination of healthy cereal and brown sugar combined to form delicious a snack.
4. Brown sugar is also used to provide a flavor balance to the smoky barbecue sauce.
5. Many dressings and vinaigrettes for salads use brown sugar as one of their ingredients. It gives a very pleasant sweetness to a French Salad Dressing. Combine this dressing with a few salad leaves, onions and some protein and your delicious salad will be ready.
6. Brown sugar can be a replacement of sugar in coffee. Due to the molasses in the coffee, it gives a very rich flavor.
7. A sweet, smooth rich glaze can be made with brown sugar. The molasses complements not only the baked goods like pies but this glaze tastes brilliant over meats too.
8. Reason for adding brown sugar to cookies is to make them more tender, chewy and decadent. This happens because the moisture from the sugar gets absorbed into the cookies.
9. The combination of cinnamon and brown sugar is a stellar one. Combined together it they make wonderfully smelling and tasting Cinnamon Rolls.
10. Brown sugar is one of the main ingredients in an Edible Cookie Dough. This dough is simply made by combining all ingredients together without actually cooking anything.
11. For a richer and better Caramel Sauce use brown sugar to make it. This sauce is poured over banofee pie
To know about Recipes using Brown Sugar, check out our collection.