11 Uses of Red Chilli Sauce
Red Chilli sauce refers to a spicy sauce made from red chili peppers and other ingredient together with it. There are many recipes for chilli sauces - the common ingredient being chili peppers. The most common recipe of this sauce is the combination of dried red chillies, vinegar, tomatoes and sugar but other variations are possible.
1. Red chilli sauce is the perfect combination of sweet, sour and spicy. It is for this reason it is most commonly used in Chinese and Indo-Chinese dishes like fried rice, Chinese style potatoes or the filling for Wontons and even paneer chilli.
2. It forms a part of the common ingredients that are used in preparing different types of street foods. The use of chilli sauce is not restricted to any particular type of street food, it is used in all, whether it is sandwiches, frankies or noodle filling for dosas.
3. It makes for an excellent dipping sauce with pakodas, parathas and other snacks like Crunchy paneer rolls. Mix the sauce with hung curd to get an innovative dip to serve at parties or as a dip for Japanese tempura.
4. Add the sauce to a potato or vegetable filling that is stuffed in Parathas. This removed the need for the stuffed paratha to have a dipping sauce.
5. To add zing to the different sandwiches and toasts, you can use chilli sauce as spread on it. It tastes amazing with especially with Chilli Cheese Toast and Paneer sub Sandwich.
6. Chilli Sauce can also be used for marinating proteins like paneer and tofu to add extra flavor to them when grilling on a barbeque.
7. Apart from Chinese, it is used in different cuisines like Mexican and American as well. Chilli sauce tastes fantastic over tostadas, or cooked together with refried beans. It also makes a great addition to burgers or as a drizzle over pizza.
8. Vegetables sautéed in chilli sauce have a fantastic taste to them. You can add chilli sauce to stir fries along with soy sauce or a sweet honey sauce and what not.
9. Chilli sauce is a common ingredient in preparation like Thai green, red curry and also as a topping over Burmese Khowsuey.
10. You can even try adding chilli sauce to different subzis to make them taste different or to rice preparations like pulao to make something innovative.
11. Pour chilli sauce over steamed vegetables for a beautiful combination of colour and flavour.
To know about Recipes using Red Chilli Sauce, check out our collection.