Chinese Style Potato Vegetable ( Chinese Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 480 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 104436 times
You will be awestruck by how potato wedges transform into an Oriental delicacy using simple, everyday ingredients like ginger, garlic and tomato ketchup.
Deep-roasted potato fingers are deftly stir-fried with zesty ingredients like ginger, green chillies and sauces, thickened to the right consistency and excitingly garnished with peppy spring onions, to make an irresistible Chinese-Style Potato Vegetable. Ensure that you prepare this just before serving, in order to enjoy the perfect texture and consistency.
Serve these potatoes as a side dish along with Chinese soups, stir-fries and noodles to create an authentic mini meal.
- Cut the cooked potatoes into fingers.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add the potato fingers and cook on a high flame for a few minutes. Remove from the wok or frying pan and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and stir fry for a few seconds. Add the potato fingers, tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce and salt.
- Mix the cornflour in 1/2 cup of water. Add to the mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with sliced spring onions.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.