Spring Dosa ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80986 times
What does spring mean to you? A bounty of veggies, a splash of colours, fresh flavours? Well, experience all the vibrant joys of spring, wrapped inside this scrumptious Spring Dosa. A tasty stuffing of crunchy veggies, boiled noodles and peppy sauces is the highlight of this delicious butter-cooked dosa, which is a hot favourite sold by Mumbai’s street food vendors.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens, hakka noodles, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour 1½ ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little butter over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour and crisp.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing in the centre and pat it lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Fold over to make a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Spring Dosa Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.