Veg Sub Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38382 times
The word Sub immediately brings to mind a satiating sandwich, which is almost a meal in its own right. Well, that's precisely what this Veg Sub Sandwich is.
A whole lot of juice veggies, peppy black olives and zesty jalapenos are arranged along with crunchy lettuce and cheese slices on footlong bread that is lined with mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.
The use of mint chutney along wth mayonnaise is also a unique move, which gives this Sub Sandwich an Indian touch, which will surely appeal to your taste buds.
You can also treat your loved ones and yourself to other sub sandwiches like Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich and Cheesy Veg Footlong .
- Place a french bread on a clean, dry surface and cut it from the centre, so as to make 2 bread halves of 6” each.
- Repeat step 1 to make 2 more bread halves of 6” each.
- Slit each bread horizontally using a sharp knife.
- Place all the 4 breads on a clean dry surface with both the sides open.
- Place 2 cheese slice halves on the upper side of each bread.
- Place all the breads on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place one toasted bread on a clean, dry surface and arrange ¼ cup of lettuce evenly over the lower half of the toasted bread.
- Place 6 tomato slices, 6 cucumber slices, ¼ cup of onions, ¼ cup of capsicum, 1 tbsp jalapenos, and 1 tbsp black olives over it and sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Put ¼ th of the chilli–mayo spread and ¼ th of the mint-mayo spread evenly over it.
- Sandwich it with the upper side of the toasted french bread and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 to make 3 more sub sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Veg Sub Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per sub sandwiche
|Vitamin A||651.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||37.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.