Cheesy Veg Footlong
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 232 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37637 times
Cheesy, saucy, amazing! This Cheesy Veg Footlong is a really sumptuous snack that holds a tasty assortment of sautéed veggies within it.
The combination of veggies is also unusual, including sweet corn, brinjals, celery and much more. The addition of tomato ketchup and mixed herbs gives it a punchy flavour, while milk imparts a nice, saucy texture to the filling.
Soft, fresh footlong bread packed with this filling, topped with cheese, and baked till it all fuses into one delectable form– what more could your palate seek!
Serve with a bowl of Macaroni Soup for a complete meal experience.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum, garlic and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the brinjal and corn and sauté on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the brinjal softens.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and mixed dried herbs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut both footlong breads horizontally into two equal halves.
- Place one of the lower portion of the footlong bread on a clean, dry surface.
- Spread a portion of the filling on it and finally sprinkle ½ cup cheese evenly over it.
- Cover with an upper half of one of the footlong bread facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more footlong.
- Place both the footlongs on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per footlong
|Vitamin A||1108.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||121.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||59.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.