Viewed 4119 times
Footlong bread is a long 6” bread loaf prepared using a mixture of flour, yeast, sugar, oil, salt and water along with some additives to make them more fluffy and soft from centre and crisp from outside. These footlongs are easily available in the market and also can be made at home. They are also prepared in varieties like oats honey footlong, multigrain footlong, etc. and also some flavours can be added like pepper and cheese, paprika etc. these footlongs have standard diameter and length.
How to Select
• Ensure that the crust is crisp and thin.
• Rub your fingers through the crust; it will make a crisp sound, which is a test for freshness.
• For best results, purchase from a bakery you trust.
• Often used to create sandwiches like subways.
• Slices are cut from a longer baguette loaf and used to make sandwiches. The sandwiches can be open sandwiches with butter and garlic spread and toppings of your choice.
• You could also serve the sliced footlongs with an assortment of cheeses, pâté (pastes), etc.
How to Store
• Since it is prepared with basic ingredients like flour, yeast, salt, oil and water, it is best consumed the same day it is prepared.
• Leftover footlong breadcan be stored in paper bags/ foil and consumed the next day.
• Footlong breads are high in carbohydrates, and hence a good source of energy.
• Depending on the variety of footlong bread, it can also increase the protein and fibre quotient of your diet.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.