Tostadas Stuffed with Refried Beans and Sour Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18788 times
A perfectly delightful starter to serve at parties, Tostadas Stuffed with Refried Beans and Sour Cream offers the diner a vivid insight into the multiple textures and flavours that Mexican cuisine has to offer.
With the rustic charm of refried beans, the tangy creaminess of sour cream and the juicy crunch of veggies like spring onions and lettuce, these Tostadas are really awesome to bite into. Since it comes in a handy sandwiched form, it is quite attractive to behold and quite easy to handle too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 22 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Prick using a fork at regular intervals.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry the tostada, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 21 more tostadas.
- Store in an air -tight container and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place 2 tostadas on a clean dry surface, put approx. 2 tbsp of the prepared rajma stuffing and spread it evenly over 1 tostada.
- Put 1 tsp of chilli sauce, 1 tbsp of lettuce, 1 tbsp of tomatoes,1 tsp of sour cream, 1 tbsp of cheese and 1 tbsp spring onions evenly over it.
- Sandwich it using another tostada and press it gently.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 10 more stuffed tostadas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per stuffed tostada
|Vitamin A||136.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.