Mexican Vegetable Faheeta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47275 times
Flour tortillas jam-packed with the goodness of vegetables, and topped with molten cheese and green salsa..... undoubtedly a culinary treat!
Do try other Jain friendly international recipes like American Chopsuey and Macaroni A La Mexicana .
- Mix the flours, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep aside for 30 minutes. Knead again.
- Depending on the diameter you require for the dish, roll out the dough into 150 mm (. 6") diameter thin rounds with the help of a little flour.
- Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Put the green tomatoes in a vesselful of boiling hot water for about 10 minutes. Peel and chop finely. Keep aside.
- Pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over an open flame until the skin blackens.
- Remove from the flame and rub off the burnt skin. Wash and chop finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add all the ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep aside and use as required.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces. Mix with green chillies and ½ cup water and cook on a medium flame till the tomatoes are done.
- Cool, purée in a blender and strain through a sieve.
- Add the vinegar and salt to adjust tartness and flavour.
- Keep aside.
- Combine the corn, cabbage, capsicum, rajma, chilli flakes, oregano and salt. Keep aside.
- Spread some tomato salsa and avocado dip on each flour tortilla.
- Put the vegetable filling and fold from both the sides and top with some green salsa, olives and cheese.
- Grill in the oven till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.