by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12088 times
Bread Rolls are wonderful to serve with Soups but they are also a great accompaniment for Salsa ( Mexican) innovative Dips / Sauces continental preparations like Vegetable Au Gratin and Pasta dishes too. In short, freshly-baked Bread Rolls combined with the right dishes can make a very exciting meal. Here, we show you how to make this versatile bread from scratch. Once you get a hang of how to handle the yeast, making breads can be surprisingly easy – and so tasty that you will never want to buy it from a bakery again!
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, butter, salt, yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using approx. ½ cup of warm water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray with oil and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and place it on the greased baking tray.
- Cover them with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes or till they rise well.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bun
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.