Dinner Rolls, Eggless Rolls with Yeast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 266 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65971 times
Super-charge your baking skills with these sumptuous Dinner Rolls! It is essential to learn to make Dinner Rolls, if you want to boast of making your own breads and buns, as it is a versatile bread that can be served with soups and pasta .
This recipe is a quick one to make Dinner Rolls without eggs and with yeast. The first step, of course, is to learn how to handle the yeast. You must dissolve it in warm water, and not hot or cold water, in order to activate it properly. Once the yeast froths, prepare the dough and proceed.
Getting the proper shape requires a bit of practice, but it is totally worth the efforts! You will thoroughly enjoy the buttery, herby taste of these warm, soft rolls.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix well and cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, 1 tbsp butter and salt in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using approx. ½ cup of warm water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again using the remaining 1/2 tbsp of butter till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a of 250 mm. (10”) to 300 mm. (12”) thin rope.
- Hold the 2 ends and overlap each other to make a cross.
- Again hold the 2 ends and make one more cross and seal both the ends at the bottom.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 to make 5 more rolls.
- Place them on a greased baking tray, cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Apply the milk evenly over it using a brush. Sprinkle little mixed herbs evenly over them.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Brush them immediately with butter and serve hot.
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||182.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.