Rice Flour Bread, Vegan and Gluten Free
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37733 times
The perfect bread for gluten-sensitive folks, the Rice Flour Bread is a satiating loaf that is sure to please you with its rustic texture and hearty taste.
This vegan and gluten-free bread is crusty outside and soft inside, just right to slice up and spread your favourite jam on!
This bread is dense and not airy like wheat loaves, but it definitely has an interesting taste and texture that everyone will enjoy, especially when relished fresh on the day it is made.
It can be enjoyed plain, toasted or even grilled.Make sure you cool the loaf completely and then slice it to avoid crumbling.
You can also try other gluten-free recipes like Three Grain Paratha or Methi Makai ki Roti.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl, mix well and cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes. Combine the rice flour, cornflour, yeast-sugar mixture, oil and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using enough warm water to get a thick batter consistency.
- Put the batter in a greased rectangular aluminium tin of 175 mm. X 25 mm (7" x 3") tin
- Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately or use as required.
Rice Flour Bread, Vegan and Gluten Free recipe with step by step photos
Q. Can we use arrowroot flour instead of cornflour and can we bake rice flour bread in a vessel ? A. Yes you can use arrowroot flour. Also you can make the rice flour bread in a cake tin.
Q. I have all combined but is to dry doesn’t seem to have enough wet ingredient ! Shouldn’t the water amount be more? Seems like i need more warm water for this batter! lol I can’t get a dough consistency? A. If you feel water is less you can adjust accordingly, because of quality of flour also varies at times.
Q. This rice flour bread doesn't rise, very stiff and dense, not fluffy. A. Yes, this is a dense rice flour bread.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.