Thai Curry Bread Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 2383 times
A bread roll with an unmistakable Oriental touch, this snack is packed with fun and excitement! Here, the bread roll dough is baked with a filling of Thai curry mixture.
Made of tongue-tickling curry paste, aromatic kaffir leaves and other snazzy ingredients, the Thai curry mixture, though used in small quantities, gives an exotic and interesting flavour to the bread rolls.
The bread rolls can be served as part of a starter spread with soups and dips . You can also try making plain Bread Rolls and Whole Wheat Bread Rolls .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, 3 tsp of butter, salt and yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using approx. ½ cup of warm water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball and place it at equal distance on a greased baking tray.
- Make two light incisions in the center of each ball with the help of a sharp knife.
- Apply a little thai curry mixture evenly on each ball with help of a brush.
- Cover the balls with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes or till they rise well.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Brush ¼ tsp of melted butter evenly over each bread roll.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||93.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.