Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 218 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46397 times
If you always considered choco chip cookies to be a sinful indulgence, and have been especially wary of it now to avoid unwarranted weight gain during pregnancy, then here is a delightful guilt-free recipe that you can enjoy once in a while! With loads of protein and fibre, this delicious, soft and chewy Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookie pampers your palate while averting the harm of fat-laden maida based cookies. Having it with a glass of warm milk will soothe you and make you feel much better.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips in a deep bowl and knead into a dough without using any water.
- When it is ready, add the chocolate chips and knead the dough lightly again.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes and divide it into 18 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a round and flatten it between your palms to make a circle of 37 mm. (1½”) diameter circle.
- Place the cookies at equal distance on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 35 to 40 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cookie
|Energy|| 104 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 9.2 gm|
|Fat|| 7.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 225.7 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 0 mg|
|Calcium|| 6.3 mg|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 3.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.