Peach and Lemon Tart
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5955 times
A mouth-watering filling of peach and whipped cream on a crusty tart makes this an irresistible dessert, ideal to serve at birthday and kitty parties.
It is so tasty and looks so dainty that no one can stop with just one! Keep the tarts chilled, and spoon out the filling onto the tarts just before serving.
An enticing garnish of crunchy crushed chikki makes the Peach and Lemon Tart all the more appealing to everybody, young and old.
Try other Tart recipes like Strawberry Tart and Creamy Lemon Tarts .
- Sieve the flour and salt together on a plate.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips and mix well.
- Gradually add 3 tbsp ice-cold water and knead well to make a stiff dough and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and rolling board and keep aside.
- Knead the dough again, divide it into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle. Place the circle into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter tart case and press the circle gently around the sides of the tart case.
- Repeat step 6 to make 9 more tarts.
- Prick all over the tarts with the help of a fork.
- Arrange the tarts on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Keep aside and cool the tart cases.
- Combine the whipped cream, lemon rind, powdered sugar, cinnamon powder in a deep bowl, mix well.
- Add the chopped peaches and mix gently.
- Keep aside in the refrigerator till use.
- Place the tarts on a clean dry surface and put approx. 2 tbsp of the filling in the centre of each tart with a spoon.
- Garnish all the tarts with crushed mixed nut chikki.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.