by Tarla Dalal
Added to 632 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35710 times
Chana dal and broken wheat make unusual beginnings for a paratha. This combination of bengal gram dal (pulse) and broken wheat (cereal) forms a complete source of protein and also provides fibre. Apart from being rich in nutrients, these parathas are also rich in taste and flavour. Serve them hot and fresh, as re-heating these parathas is not a good idea!
- Wash the chana dal and broken wheat and pressure cook in 3/4 cup of water for 3 whistles. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead into a soft dough using water only if required.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Cook each paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) using a dash of oil till it is lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve hot with low fat curds.
|Amt|| 18 gm|
|Energy|| 61 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.0 gm|
|Cho|| 11.4 gm|
|Fat|| 0.8 gm|
|Vit A|| 92.7 mcg|
|Vit C|| 1.6 mg|
|Calcium|| 9.7 mg|
|Iron|| 0.8 mg|
|F. Acid|| 6.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.