Bhujiya Paratha, Aloo Bhujia Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4901 times
Here’s a meal that combines the zesty appeal of aloo bhujiya with the guaranteed satisfaction of having a paratha. In this innovative recipe, a mixture of aloo bhujiya, juice veggies and spice powders is used as a stuffing for satiating parathas.
The perfectly cooked parathas have an exciting mouth-feel that includes the mild crunch of bhujiya. In order to enjoy this vibrant texture, you need to serve the parathas immediately after preparation, else they will turn soggy and chewy.
You can have this plain or with a cup of curds. Take care to add very little salt in the stuffing mixture as aloo bhujia is already salty.
You might also enjoy other parathas like the Cheese Paratha and Mooli Paratha .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put 2 tbsp of the prepared stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly. Roll again into a circle of 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using 1 tsp of oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.