Lifafa Paneer Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 117 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44610 times
A soft and sumptuous paratha shaped like a lifafa or envelope to hold the tangy and peppy paneer stuffing. Making the flour dough with milk and ghee imparts a crusty and soft texture to the envelope, while the addition of mint, coriander and lemon juice gives the stuffing a zesty feel. Serve the Lifafa Paneer Paratha immediately on preparation with your favourite chutney, sauce, subzi or simply curd.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine plain flour, ghee, milk and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 200 mm. (8?) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the mixture in the centre and fold 2 opposite corners of the roti over the filling, overlapping them slightly. Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little butter, till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining roti and stuffing to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.