Different uses of Idli Batter
Idli batter is one ingredient that is extremely versatile. If you have leftover idli batter and don’t want another round of idlis, surprise your family with a cake or even waffle. They will be pleasantly surprised at the results of your experimentation. Readymade idli batter is easily available in the market if you don’t want to take the trouble of making it at home. It is an instant fix to make a wide range of dishes when hunger strikes!
How To Make Perfect Idli Batter
1. Idli is a staple breakfast all over the country but, we will help you make different breakfast delicacies using the same batter. Add some finely chopped vegetables to the batter and pour it into the appe mould, Quick Vegetable Appe is ready in 20 minutes.
Quick Vegetable Appe
2. Also, you can sprinkle various seeds on a non-stick pan and pour a ladle of batter to make Vegetable Rice Cake. Craving for something cheesy?
Vegetable Rice Cake Using Idli Batter
3. This Mini Cheese Uttapa is a is good company for a cup of hot masala chai or coffee. Never step out of the home hungry stomach when you have such easy treats to make.
Mini Cheese Uttapa
4. With the addition of bright, orange grated carrot, make this vibrant looking, soft and spongey Quick Carrot Dhokla. Served with green chutney, you get a nice contrast as well! You can even pack them in a dabba and enjoy it in your break time.
Quick Carrot Dhokla ( Tiffin Treats)
5. Handvo is a Gujarati savoury pancake authentically made with a batter made by combining dals but, you can also make Mixed Vegetable Handvo quickly with readymade idli batter enhanced with loads of crunchy vegetables. The final tempering of mustard and sesame seeds adds to the flavour and aroma of this delightful snack.
Mixed Vegetable Handvo, Instant Gujarati Handvo
If you want to limit the addition of vegetables, you can make this simple Instant Handva.
6. Looking for innovative party starters that not only look appetizing but, are also quick and easy to make then try your hands at making this Mini Pesto Idlis with Olive Cream Cheese Dip, the contrasting flavor of earthy pesto with creamy, luscious olive, cream cheese dip is indeed an amazing combination.
Mini Pesto Idlis with Olive Cream Cheese Dip
7. Also, try this Dhokla Sushi with Carrots or Dhokla Sushi with Bell Peppers, the combination of thin dhoklas coated with crunchy sesame seeds and stuffed with delicious cheese spread, koro sambhar/ red garlic chutney and crunchy vegetables will surely surprise your guests. Serve them with tongue-tickling, pungent-sweet wasabi mayo!
Dhokla Sushi with Carrots