Steamed Wontons, Veg Steamed Wonton
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 179 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83940 times
Like Modak and Parathas in India, wontons are a wonderful food in Chinese cuisine, as they provide a lot of scope for innovation. You can try your hand at making various unique fillings, and also Steam or Deep-fry the wontons as per your taste.
Here is a sumptuous version of Steamed Wontons made with a wholesome mixture of sautéed veggies, sprouts and noodles, which is stuffed into readymade wonton wrappers and steamed.
Topping the wontons with a tempering of garlic, green chillies and spring onion greens, along with flavourful sauces, makes it all the more attractive.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame till it smokes, add the garlic, cabbage, spring onion whites, carrots, bean sprouts and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles, spring onion greens, soy sauce, chilli sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds. Keep aside.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean, flat surface.
- Place a little stuffing in the centre and apply a little flour paste along the edges.
- Fold over one part to make a semi-circle.
- Bring the ends together and press well.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and stuffing to make 24 more wontons.
- Arrange half the wontons on a greased sieve and steam for 8 minutes.
- Repeat step 6 to cook the remaining wontons in one more batch.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan on a high flame, add the garlic, green chillies, spring onion greens and salt and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the steamed wontons.
- Serve hot with green garlic sauce and chilli garlic sauce.
- Instead of steaming the wontons at step 4, you can also deep-fry them in hot oil till they are golden brown in colour form all the sides.
Nutrient values per wonton
|Vitamin A||57.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.