- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Corn Rolls in Gujarati)
Added to 304 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58661 times
These scrumptious Corn Rolls stand apart from other run-of-the-mill starters due to the tongue-tickling Oriental-style filling of corn, onions and green chillies perked up with soya sauce.
Bread acts as the holder for this mixture, while plain flour helps seal the rolls. Drain the oil well after deep-frying these rolls and serve them immediately and crisp with your favourite sauce.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, soya sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the mixture becomes dry, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and approx. 5 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Roll each bread slice with the help of a rolling pin.
- Place a rolled bread slice on a clean, dry surface, spread 1 tbsp of the prepared filling at one end of the bread slice and roll it up tightly.
- Apply a little plain flour-water mixture on all the sides to seal the edges completely.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 11 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few rolls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cut each roll diagonally into two and serve immediately with schezuan sauce or tomato ketchup.
Corn Rolls Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||36.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.