Mini Pesto Idlis with Olive Cream Cheese Dip
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8769 times
A totally off-beat use for idli batter! The Mini Pesto Idlis are made by combining idli batter with the famous Italian pesto sauce, made of basil, garlic and walnuts.
The pesto sauce gives the mini idlis a nutty and herby taste, which we have perked up further with a dash of chilli flakes.
This unique and super-tasty snack is served with a lusciously creamy dip made of olives, cream and cheeses. The olives add a zesty dimension to an otherwise creamy dip.
You can prepare the dip and refrigerate it before, but serve the Mini Pesto Idlis with Olive Cream Cheese Dip immediately after you steam the idlis.
You can try other variations also like Mini Idlis in Coconut Sauce , Moong Dal and Spinach Idli , Oats Rava Idli , Idli Curry , Nutritious Vegetable Idli , Idli Chilli and Stuffed Potato Idli .
- Combine the paneer, fresh cream, milk, cheese spread and salt in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the black olives and mix well.
- Refrigerate till use.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Combine the idli batter, pesto sauce, chilli flakes and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Pour a little batter into each greased mini idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool, demould.
- Repeat step 2 to steam more idlis in 1 more batch.
- Serve immediately with olive cream cheese dip.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||74.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.