5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 189 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46564 times
A multi-flavoured delicacy prepared with fresh or leftover idlis, the Idli Curry has a pleasing texture and a tongue-tingling flavor, thanks to tangy tomato pulp, peppy spice powders and pastes, and a pinch of sugar to highlight all other flavours.
You can prepare Idli Curry as a quick Breakfast using the previous day’s idli’s or prepare it fresh as a snack. It is tasty enough to be served as a starter at a Party too.
See detailed step by step photos and video of Idli Curry recipe below.
- To make idli curry, heat 2 ½ tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the idli cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, or till the idlis turn light brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp of oil in the same pan, add the onions and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, green peas, sambhar masala, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup of water and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, re-heat the curry and add the idli cubes. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the idli curry immediately garnished with coriander.
Idli Curry recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.