Fresh Tomato Pulp ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51322 times
Readymade tomato purée may contain flour, which is often used as a thickening agent. Make tomato purée at home to ensure it is contamination-free-all you need are tomatoes!
- Boil a vesselful of water in a deep pan.
- Scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of a sharp knife.
- Make a criss-cross cut at the base of each tomato.
- Put them in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and immerse them in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin and seeds.
- Chop roughly and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp.
- Use as required.
- If frozen, fresh tomato pulp can last for months.
Fresh Tomato Pulp Video, Homemade Tomato Pulp Video
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||1497.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||115.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||128 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.