10 Popular Indian Naan Recipes
10 Popular Naan Recipes. Out of all the North Indian flatbreads, naan is the most famous and preferred one. They are traditionally made with plain flour dough and cooked in a tandoor which is a clay pot oven. As tandoor is not available at everyone's house, we bring to you a variety of naan recipes that can be cooked easily on a regular stove in your own kitchen. Also, the addition of yeast to the dough helps in making soft and fluffy naan.
1. Butter naan is the most frequently ordered at restaurants. Even kids devour it. Sprinkled with sesame seeds and smeared generously with butter tastes amazing with Punjabi subzis and wholesome dals.
Tawa Naan ( Without Tandoor), Tawa Butter Naan
2. You can even replicate the same taste and texture of a Tandoori naan using a pressure cooker. Enhance the flavor of butter naan by placing finely chopped garlic on a rolled naan and cooking it in open flame.
Pressure Cooker Naan, Naan with Yeast
3. Don’t have a tandoor? Try this Non-tandoor version of naan – Tawa Naan. And don’t forget to smear butter on top to enjoy its true flavours and texture.
4. Garlic naan tastes delicious as it is and also, the small pieces of garlic give a nice bite to it. Those who love garlic, never miss out on relishing it at parties and restaurants.
5. To make naan more filling, stuff them with tongue-tickling mixture of paneer or cheese and make delectable Masala Paneer Naan. Luscious stuffing of cottage cheese perked up with coriander and green chillies is just irresistible.
Masala Paneer Naan ( Roti and Subzis)
6. Mini Chilli Cheese Naan is for all cheese lovers. Serve these naan with a spicy curries or subzis to make a memorable meal. This is best suited for kids together.
Mini Chilli Cheese Naan, Cheese Naan On Tava Without Tandoor
7. If you want to try a royal naan, then go in for Nawabi Naan. It is a tandoori style naan which is stuffed with cashews, pistachios and almonds for that Mughlai touch.
8. Stuffed Pudina Naan is yet another Indian bread which you will not repent for trying it at home. Fresh pudina leaves mixed with cumin seeds, green chillies, sugar and lemon juice is quite refreshing. Follow the dough-making process properly and you will end up with the best naan, which is bound to become the talk of the town.
9. Searching for a yeast-free naan? Butter Naan without Yeast is just for you. Made with a combination of curd, baking powder, baking soda for that perfect texture of naan, you won’t miss the yeast variant.
Butter Naan Without Using Yeast, Naan Made On Stove Top Or Tava
10. If you are looking for healthy variants to the traditional naan then try substituting plain flour with wheat flour.
Whole Wheat Coriander and Sesame Seeds Naan is a sumptuous preparations which you can relish with delectable sabzis.
Whole Wheat Coriander and Sesame Seeds Naan
It's fun making Naan at home and follow our pick of 10 Popular Naan Recipes.