Whole Wheat Coriander and Sesame Seeds Naan
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13584 times
Um, a whiff of this aromatic naan is enough to kindle your appetite. The peppy smell and flavour of coriander and sesame seeds make this whole wheat naan a brilliant choice for the main course .
It has a grand air about it, which makes it apt for a festive menu, as much as for a regular day.
Serve the Whole Wheat Coriander and Sesame Seeds Naan hot and fresh, greased with a dollop of butter to enhance its aroma further with a subzi of your choice.
You can also try stuffed naans like Mini Chilli Cheese Naan and Masala Paneer Naan .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 1 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, salt and yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough warm water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Apply little water evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of coriander and ½ tsp of sesame seeds evenly over it and again roll it lightly using a rolling pin.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan over it with the coriander-sesame seeds facing downwards.
- Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn it over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Brush each naan with ½ tsp melted butter and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per naan
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.