Garlic Naan ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32267 times
Exquisitely flavoured leavened bread cooked in a tandoor! i have added some garlic cloves to the naan dough to enhance its flavour.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and leave aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast begins to ferment.
- Combine all the ingredients including the ground paste in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough water until it is smooth and elastic (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Grease a pressure cooker very lightly with oil. Remove the lid from the pressure cooker and heat it upside down over an open flame.
- Apply a little water on one side of each naan and stick the wet side of the naan around the inside of the pressure cooker.
- Place the pressure cooker upside down directly on the surface and cook till both sides are golden brown. You can apply 3 to 4 naans at a time inside the walls of the pressure cooker.
- Remove the naans and brush with butter.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per naan
|Vitamin A||113.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.