Rajma and Urad Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73057 times
A pan of mixed pulses, seasoned with spices and lots of garlic, cooked in just two teaspoons of oil. Apart from delighting you with its lip-smacking flavour and aroma, Rajma and Urad Dal also boosts your iron, fibre and vitamin C levels. To make a sumptuous meal, serve this dal hot and fresh with a bowl of perfectly cooked brown rice.
- Clean, wash and soak the rajma, chana and urad dal in a deep bowl with enough water overnight.
- Drain the soaked dals, add 4 cups water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, little salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dals and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and serve hot.
Rajma and Urad Dal (Healthy Heart) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.