Hare Lehsun ki Toovar Dal
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32426 times
A dal with a lip-smacking flavour that lingers on your taste buds, the Hare Lehsun ki Toovar Dal would be a good dish to prepare when green garlic is in season.
Green garlic has a milder flavour than regular dried garlic, and it perfectly flavours toovar dal together with a combination of other ingredients like tomatoes and onions.
A traditional tempering adds punch to this peppy dal, which is a must-try during the spring season when green garlic is available.
- Combine the dal, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk the dal well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dry red chillies, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, green garlic and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, little salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.