Spinach and Ricotta Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29417 times
Did you know that the Italian word pizza actually means a pie? Some classic versions of pizzas have double crusts, are topped and baked similar to pies in large tins, and sliced for serving.
The spinach and ricotta pie is a classic whole meal pizza pie of this genre, with an interesting filling of garlic, spinach, ricotta cheese, and sultanas. You can prepare this recipe ahead of time, but remember to warm it before serving.
You might also want to indulge in other Italian recipes like Baked Canneloni with Pomodoro Sauce and Pumpkin Gnocchi Florentine .
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion till it turns translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add the spinach and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the ricotta cheese, raisins, cheese and milk and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep aside.
- Roll the dough into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Press the circle into a pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the baked pie and spread it evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and glaze with the butter.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2108.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||43.4 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.