Toovar Dal with Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20531 times
Toovar dal with vegetables is a wholesome dish, full of vegetables and protein-rich dal. You need not stick to the veggies i have used – just open your fridge and throw in anything you find. You will love the fact that such a tasty and sumptuous dish can be prepared with just about no oil! remember to add the jaggery and tamarind, as they provide a much needed twist to cover up the plain taste of dal.
- Combine the toovar dal, 1 cup of water, salt, turmeric powder, yam, peanuts and drumsticks, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and mash with the back of a spoon.
- Add the curry leaves, jaggery, tamarind pulp, ginger-green chilli paste, coriander and ladies finger, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice and parathas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.