Top 10 Spring Onion Indian Recipes
Spring Onions may bring a tear to your eye, and a smell to your breath, but they will most certainly bring delight to your taste buds. Despite its plain looks, it has an intense flavour and is a beloved part of the cuisine around the globe. Spring onions grow all year round and comprise of whites and greens. They are a very good source of Vitamin C, Chromium, Manganese, molybdenum, Vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorous, copper and dietary fibre. Read Detailed Benefits of Spring Onion.
Spring Onions can be eaten raw, cooked, fried, dried or roasted and served as a garnish or side vegetable. The tastes are great in stir fries, dips, salads and dressings.
1. Sprouts, Spring Onion and Tomato Salad is not only quick and easy to prepare but also, tangy and crunchy in texture. With a oil-free dressing, it is a very healthy addition to anyone’s diet.
Sprouts, Spring Onion and Tomato Salad
2. Spring Onion and Curd Dip is another refreshing topping that is perfect for serving with crisp and spicy finger foods. Serve it with chips or vegetable crudités.
Spring Onion and Curd Dip
3. Veg Salad with Spring Onion Honey Lemon Dressing is an unusual blend of vegetables with a tangy dressing. It also has the crunch of bread sticks. You can add plain or herbed bread sticks as per your choice.
Veg Salad with Spring Onion Honey Lemon Dressing
4. Spring Onion Parcels are deep-fried Chinese pancakes made using minimal ingredients. The juicy and flavourful filling of spring onions with oriental flavours simply makes them irresistible!
Spring Onion Parcels
5. Paneer and Spring Onions in Schezuan Sauce is another Oriental delicacy, which you can whip up in a whiz and serve with hot rice or noodles.
6. Spring Onion Parathas is a paratha made by combining spring onion whites and greens. Savour hot with raita, sauce, or a tangy subzi.
Spring Onion Parathas
To increase the health quotient of this dish make these Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha. Apart from the nutrition value, oats even add to the wonderful texture and flavour of the paratha.
Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha
7. Potato and Spring Onion Soup is a classic Thai soup that leaves your taste buds asking for more. The combination of grated potatoes, mushroom, carrots and spring onions along with herbs, red chillies and other ingredients like lemon juice and soy sauce.
Potato and Spring Onion Soup, Thai Soup
8. Apart from Indian and Oriental cuisine, spring onion works well in Italian cuisine too. Spring Onion and Red Capsicum Pasta sautéed in olive oil with spices and herbs will surely surprise your taste buds.
Spring Onion and Red Capsicum Pasta
9. The garlicky flavour with the pungency of olives and crunch of onions makes Spring Onion and Olive Thin Crust Pizza a truly delightful experience. Enjoy this with a warm bowl of soup or toasted bread.
Spring Onion and Olive Thin Crust Pizza
10. Cheesy Spring Onions Cigars is a party starter which is surely to be applauded. Made with readymade samosa patti, the simple stuffing is sure to lure you.
Cheesy Spring Onion Cigars