Spring Onion Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51137 times
Spring onions in salads, soups and Oriental preparations are a common sight, but have you ever thought of making Spring Onion Parathas? This tasteful dish hardly requires any spices or masalas, as the combination of spring onion whites and greens is enough to add flavour and aroma to these parathas. The preparation is also quite simple, but the result is exciting. Cut into evenly sized triangles and serve hot with raita, sauce, or a tangy subzi.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing on one round. Put another round on top.
- Repeat step 3 to make 3 more parathas.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the paratha on it and cook on a medium flame, using little oil till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.