Spring Onion Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63517 times
spring onion paratha recipe | hara pyaz paratha | with 20 amazing images.
spring onion paratha recipe is made from plain flour, spring onions, garlic and green chillies. Curds are a great accompaniment to hara pyaz paratha as the taste of spring onions is then enhanced.
This tasteful spring onion paratha recipe hardly requires any spices or masalas, as the combination of spring onion whites and greens is enough to add flavour and aroma to these parathas.
The preparation of spring onion paratha recipe is quite simple, but the result is exciting. Spring onion is not a usual ingredient for making paratha yet once you taste this recipe, you will simply love it.
To make spring onion paratha recipe all you need to do is knead a soft dough using plain flour, whole wheat flour, oil and keep aside. Further, for the stuffing heat oil in a pan, add garlic and green chillies, sauté and add chopped spring onions and cook. Our stuffing for paratha is ready!
Next, divide the dough and stuffing into portions. Roll 2 round rotis, spread the stuffing on one and put the another round portion on top and seal. Cook spring onion paratha on a tava until golden brown and cooked from both the sides. You can also mix the cooked spring onions with the flour and then knead and cook if you are running short on time.
Cut spring onion paratha into evenly sized triangles and serve hot with raita, sauce, or a tangy sabzi. Relish this lip-smacking paratha anytime of the day! You can also pack this for your kids lunch box.
Enjoy spring onion paratha recipe | hara pyaz paratha | with detailed step by step recipe photos.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add spring onions and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing on one round. Put another round on top and seal it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more parathas.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the paratha on it and cook on a medium flame, using 2 tsp of oil for each paratha till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Cut the spring onion paratha into pieces and serve immediately.
Spring Onion Parathas recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.