Aloo Methi Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 561 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 178075 times
Packed with excitement; that describes the Aloo Methi Parathas best of all! These sumptuous whole wheat parathas are stuffed with a delectable mixture of potatoes flavoured with fenugreek leaves, cumin seeds and spice powders, which makes them so tasty that they can be served straight and simple with just curds and pickles. When the methi is sautéed, it sheds its bitterness, thereby imparting only its positive characteristics such as its strong aroma and unmistakable flavour to the dish. Indeed, this is a main course that will appeal to all!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chaat masala and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the aloo methi stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds or pickle.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||250.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.