Hare Mutter Ke Parathe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32283 times
Hare Mutter ke Parathe have a simple yet lingering flavour and texture that appeal to all. Mouth-watering whole wheat parathe made with a delicious stuffing of boiled and crushed green peas, this main course is not only sumptuous but also excitingly crisp and flavourful. It is amazing how a few green chillies and a dash of jeera are able to provide such an attractive aroma and taste to this dish.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle ,add the green chilles, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll a portion of the dough into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter circle with a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little ghee until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.