Methi Paneer Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 565 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59957 times
Paneer paratha itself is quite popular. Being succulent and flavourful, it appeals to everybody. Now, here is an even more exciting version made using low fat paneer that is perked up with aromatic fenugreek leaves! The methi contributes not just flavour but also substantial amounts of vitamin A and iron to this toothsome dish. Relish these Methi Paneer Parathas with low fat curds or raita.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough, using enough water. Knead well.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and ginger-green chilli paste.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer and mix well. Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter.
- Place one portion of the methi paneer stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter using flour to roll the paratha.
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.