How To Make Homemade White Butter, Safed Makhan Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5320 times
Who can resist topping their parathas with a dollop of white butter, or a dab on their toast?
Although white butter is readily available in the market, Homemade White Butter has a lusciousness and fresh taste that is beyond comparison with any commercial brand.
Here is how to make homemade white butter, which will make your parathas and sandwiches all the more special.
You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for two days. It lasts for longer if stored in the freezer.
- We have boiled 1 litre of full-fat milk daily for atleast 2 weeks and each day removed the malai after boiling and slightly cooling it. So after collecting it for 2 weeks and storing in an air-tight container in the freezer we got approx. 2½ cups of fresh malai.
- After 2 weeks we removed the air-tight container form the freezer and left it at room temperature for atleast 6 hours.
- Then to make the white butter, we combined the fresh malai and 2 cups of ice cold water in a deep bowl and blend it using a hand blender for 3 to 4 minutes.
- There will be a thick layer of butter formed , removed that in a deep bowl using a large spoon.
- Squeeze out all the water lightly by pressing it between your palms and put it again a deep bowl.
- Mix it well using a spoon.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container in the fridge, it will lasts for 2 days.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.