Potato and Spring Onion Soup, Thai Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39266 times
A classic recipe from Thai cuisine, the Potato and Spring Onion Soup has a very unique mouth-feel and appetizing flavour.
The unique mouth-feel comes out of a combination of grated potatoes, chewy mushrooms and a range of crunchy veggies like carrots and spring onions.
Herbs, red chillies and other ingredients like lemon juice and soy sauce make this Potato and Spring Onion Soup a mouth-wateringly tasty treat that leaves your taste buds yearning for more!
You can also try other interesting recipes like the Potato and Chana Salad , and the Milano Minestrone .
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in deep non-stick pan, add the spring onions whites, basil and red chillies and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, potatoes and mushrooms and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and soy sauce, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice, coriander and spring onion greens and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.