Spring Onion Parcels
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20418 times
Pancakes made with a combination of flours and milk are packed with a juicy and flavourful filling of spring onions, and deep-fried till crisp, to make an exciting oriental starter. Remember to add a pinch of sugar while mixing the filling as it helps to boost the flavour of the onions.
These Spring Onion Parcels, despite being made with minimal ingredients, have a classic Chinese flavour and really irresistible texture. Serve with a choice of sauces, to enhance its appeal.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and whisk well to make a smooth batter.
- Grease a 100 mm. (4") diameter non-stick pan using a little melted butter, pour 2 tbsp of the batter on it and tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook the pancake on each side for 30 seconds approximately, using a little melted butter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 5 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and greens, green chillies, sugar and salt and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, put 2 tbsp of the prepared stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Fold 2 opposite corners of the pancake over the stuffing, overlapping them slightly using a little plain flour-water paste.
- Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well using little more plain flour-water paste.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 5 more spring onion parcels.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few spring onion parcels till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.