Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 296 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64787 times
Using a combination of wheat flour and oats adds to the nutrient value of these parathas while retaining their wonderful texture and flavour.
Adding a spring onion filling to the creation helps disguise the raw taste of oats making this dish appeal to everybody in the family.
Serve the Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha hot and fresh, with a lip-smacking side-dish like Paneer Lababdar or just a cup of curds and a Low Cal Salads .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the filling in the centre of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.