Masala Cheese Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 720 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88373 times
Here is a scrumptious toast with a masaledar veggie topping that reminds you of all-time favourites like Samose and Veg Puffs.
A mixture of veggies and potatoes are sautéed with tasty ingredients like green chillies, spice powders and lemon juice to get a tongue-tickling topping, which is placed upon buttered bread slices, garnished with cheese and baked in the oven till the cheese melts and coats the veggie mixture.
The Masala Cheese Toast has a fabulous taste that goes down well with both kids and adults.
Can be made in a handy mini size and served at parties, or enjoyed at home as a tea-time snack.
You can also try out other snacks like Moong Dal Toast and Mushroom On Toast .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder, lemon juice, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread a little butter on all the 4 bread slices and place them on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Spread a portion of the topping and 1 tbsp of cheese on each buttered bread slice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.