Carrot and Cabbage High Fibre Chutney Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40299 times
Carrot and cabbage are a wonderful combination due to their contrasting colours, which look good against each other. Here is a sumptuous sandwich made with this super duo supplemented with a tasty high fibre chutney. The veggies and whole wheat bread, all fibre rich, make sure you feel satiated and content for a long while. Plan ahead and make the chutney the previous night itself, so that you can quickly put together this sandwich for breakfast.
- Combine the high fibre chutney, cabbage, carrots and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a flat surface and spread a portion of the chutney-vegetable topping evenly over the bread slices.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil and place each open toast with the mixture side facing downwards and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more batches.
- Cut each toast into 4 equal triangles and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per open toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.