Tomato Cheese Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 174 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19410 times
A mouth-watering starter of bread, baked with a topping of gooey cheese sauce, slices of juicy tomatoes and apt seasonings. You will enjoy the perfect blend of tangy and herby flavours, and the complementary textures of the toast and the toppings too. Serve the Tomato Cheese Toasts immediately on preparation.
- Combine the cheese milk and 2 tbsp of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, or till the cheese melts completely, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the chilli flakes and pepper powder and mix well.
- Place all the bread lsices on a clean, dry surface, spread the prepared sauce evenly on each slice.
- Top it with 2 tomato slices and sprinkle salt and oregano evenly over each bread slice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 12 to 15 minutes or till the bread slices are crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Tomato Cheese Toast Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||66.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.