Indian Zucchini recipes, Indian Zucchini khichdi, salads, thepla
139 Indian Zucchini recipes, Indian Zucchini recipes for khichdi, salads, thepla. A vegetable that is loved and enjoyed by diners all over the world, zucchini is now easily available in India too. Although it was considered rare in India a decade ago, since the past few years it is commonly available at most supermarkets. It is not very expensive, and we get good quality zucchinis as well.
Initially, Indians used to use it mainly to make international recipes, but as zucchini became abundant in the market, they started using it in Indian recipes as well. With a taste and texture that is somewhere between cucumbers and gourds, zucchini cooks very easily. It has a pleasant taste and absorbs flavours well. So, it fits well into dishes ranging from khichdis to subzis, like…
Broccoli and Zucchini in Red Capsicum Gravy
Indian khichdi, thepla, salads using zucchini
1. Zucchini Bajra Khichdi : This khichdi, which innovatively combines bajra, zucchini and colourful capsicum, looks and tastes good! Bajra is highly alkaline, which makes it very effective against acidity.
Zucchini Bajra Khichdi
2. Zucchini Thepla : Zucchini, a vegetable that you generally tend to associate with continental dishes and baked recipes, fits beautifully into our all-time desi favourite – the humble thepla!
The whole wheat flour dough is enriched with zucchini, ginger and garlic, and in a unique twist, we also put a little dried herbs and seasonings into it. This gives the Zucchini Thepla a very exciting, fusion flavour.
3. Zucchini, Bell Pepper and Sprouted Moong Salad
4. Broccoli and Zucchini in Red Capsicum Gravy
Zucchini, Bell Pepper and Sprouted Moong Salad
Indian style Zucchini Easy Recipes
Everybody is busy, for some reason or the other. Some at work, some at home, some with charities, but these days everybody is engaged in multiple activities and likes to keep themselves busy. And when they are free, they prefer to spend quality time with their loved ones. They do not spend as much time in the kitchen as in olden times, and so people these days prefer no-fuss, no-sweat recipes that are tasty too. Zucchini is just right for this purpose because it cooks easily, whether you decide to steam, stir-fry or sauté it! It can be used to make easy and tasty dishes, ranging from breakfast to snacks and main course too.
Whole Wheat Pesto Pizza with Roasted Vegetables
You will be glad to have these recipes as part of your collection, and eager to share them too…
1. Zucchini and Carrot Pancake
2. Grilled Zucchini Recipe
3. Grilled Zucchini and Carrots
4. Masoor, Beets, Zucchini , Peppers Lunch Salad
Zucchini Baked Recipes
As with any ingredient that is popular in continental cooking, zucchini too is used in several baked dishes. It acquires a good aroma and taste when it is baked, and has a nice creamy mouth-feel too. Nowadays, most people have ovens at home, and prefer to have baked dishes once in a while because they are convenient and healthy. Baked dishes need less oil to cook and taste so good too, because the process enriches the aroma and taste. Plus, you don’t need to stand near the stove and keep stirring. You can prepare the stuff, pop it into the oven, and go freshen up for lunch or dinner! It’s as easy as that. Have a go at some of the awesome baked dishes with zucchini, like…
1. Zucchini Toast
2. Zucchini and Yellow Pepper Toast
3. Bellpepper, Zucchini and Pesto Pizza
4. Rosemary Garlic Zucchini Bread
5. Cheesy Baked Zucchini Fries
6. Whole Wheat Pesto Pizza with Roasted Vegetables
7. Baked Cheesy Zucchini Slices
Baked Cheesy Zucchini Slices
With an easy texture and pleasant taste, zucchini is much-loved by young and old alike. It is also a neutral and versatile veggie that fits well into innumerable dishes, ranging from Indian to international, stir-fried to baked, and more. Give it a shot, and you will yearn to try many more of the zucchini-based recipes on our website!