Rosemary Garlic Zucchini Bread, Eggless
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3942 times
A bread so flavourful that you can just have it as it is! The Rosemary Garlic Zucchini Bread is an eggless artisan bread with a rich texture and appetising aroma.
The strong flavour of garlic and herbs together with the crunch of sunflower seeds and juiciness of zucchini give the bread a well-rounded flavour, which can be enjoyed just plain with a brushing of butter or used to make interesting sandwiches and starters .
Serve the bread warm for best taste and aroma.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, plain flour, garlic, zucchini, ¼ cup of cheese, olive oil and salt and mix well.
- Add the yeast-sugar mixture, mix well and knead into a soft loose dough using enough water.
- Place the dough in a greased deep bowl, put the dough in it, cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Knead the dough again by pressing it lightly with your fingers till smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased 225 mm. X 100 mm. (9” x 4”) diameter bread loaf tin. Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and again keep aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and the remaining ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 35 minutes.
- Brush the bread loaf with butter and keep aside to cool completely.
- Demould and cut into 12 equal slices. Use as required.
Nutrient values per slice
|Vitamin A||52.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.