Zucchini Bajra Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17396 times
This khichdi, which innovatively combines bajra, zucchini and colourful capsicum, looks and tastes good! Bajra is highly alkaline, which makes it very effective against acidity.
The Zucchini Bajra Khichdi also goes easy on the spices and oil, making it all the more friendly to a sensitive stomach. Best of all, the crunchy vegetables and green chilli paste added to the khichdi impart a balanced flavour and rich aroma to the khichdi, so it can be had all by itself or with a simple accompaniment of curd or kadhi.
All this makes the Zucchini Bajra Khichdi a convenient One Dish Meals for those suffering from acidity, safe to have even at night.
- Soak the whole bajra in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked and drained bajra and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside and do not drain the water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the red, green, yellow capsicum and zucchini, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and cooked bajra (along with the water), mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minute or till the water dries up, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chilli paste and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.