by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1752 times
Zucchini Rollups is an awesome cold starter, where the creaminess of feta cheese is interspersed with a burst of basil! This starter requires no cooking and is quite easy to make.
It owes its success to the attractive presentation and the exciting mix of natural flavours, including the creaminess of feta, the herby taste of basil and the tanginess of lemon juice.
Make sure you serve the Zucchini Rollup as soon as you assemble it, as it might let out some water if left for a while.
You can also try other fabulous starters like the Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms or Veg Rice Cutlets.
- Grease a baking tray with 1 tsp olive oil. Place the zucchini over it, drizzle 2 tsp olive oil and sprinkle black pepper evenly over it. Bake it in a preheated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 5 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
- In a deep bowl, add the feta cheese and mash it well with the back of a spoon till it is creamy in texture.
- Add the lemon juice, black pepper and the basil and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Place the zucchini slice on a clean, dry surface. Tear a baby spinach into two halves and place it on along one side of the slice, place a portion of the feta mixture over it and roll it from one end to other.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 11 more rolls.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.